Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I ran away for a few days

Last Thursday I turned to my husband and asked him if he was off for the weekened and when was he heading back to work.  Turns out he is off until this evening.  So I told him I was running away for 4 days and heading down to Melbourne.

6am Saturday morning I jumped in my car and hit the road. Stopping first in Wadonga to visit with my nan who lives up there.  Then a quick stop at my mum's(she was in QLD) for a bathroom break because all the rest stops were being upgraded and weren't opened.

Then a short 2 hour drive to my destination.  I arrived at Phenomenal Woman's house(Crissy) you can find her here http://bloggitymoo.blogspot.com.au/ .  Now one would think running away from your 3 children at home to a woman with 7 children was kind of crazy.  But it was just the thing I needed.  Some girly time drinking wine eating fine fine food that I didn't have to cook.  And it was fine food I thought I had gone to heaven Crissy's Lasagne is to DIE FOR, all cheesey and meaty and just yum.  The next day we decided to do take away and what an experience that was.  Getting Hungry Jacks for 9 people we ordered and paid for the meal through drive though then we were asked to pull into the waiting bays and wait we did.  All of a sudden out walks one of the workers with a BOX of food Crissy and I just burst out laughing.  No seriously it came out in a box



That was an experience for me.  Crissy's kids are amazing from her oldest to her youngest.  I have a soft spot for her almost 11 year old Alex he is so sweet and caring.  I wanted to bring him home with me but Crissy wouldn't let me.  

Her oldest son Christian Played his guitar and sang for us on Saturday night and he has an amazing voice and his skills on the guitar is Phenomenal.

Her 2nd oldest son Thomas is a sweet kid(and I feel a little guilty cause I slept in his bed) he is a kind caring young man who loves his family.

You have heard about her 3rd son Alex. 

Then there is Nicholas is another real sweety, funny kid.

Then there is Luca who was so quiet I sometimes forgot he was there.

Then there is Daniel who is firery sort, still sweet though.

And Finally there is Miss Moo who at 3 is a princess, she is a mumma's girl but loves her brothers, she is cheeky, sweet and loving.

They are an amazing family and it was a joy to be there.  I had the best time and the nicest break, I got to recharge my batteries and came home feeling good.

So a big thank you to Crissy and family for allowing me to spend 4 days with you.  Thank you for feeding me amazing meals and just allowing me to chill.  MWAH

No comments:

Post a Comment